Follow the safety tips below and you can prevent a fire loss or worse in your home. Take advantage of our many fire safety programs to keep you safe at home.
- How to keep you and your family safe:
- Check your smoke detector battery.
- Have a smoke detector on each level of your home.
- Know two ways out of each room.
- Have and practice an escape plan.
- Seasonal Fire Safety Tips:
- Have your fireplace cleaned and inspected before the
season, and after you burn 3
- Burn only seasoned wood.
- Never leave the fire unattended.
- Dispose of the ashes only in a metal can, and only after they have cooled down for several hours.
- Have your fireplace cleaned and inspected before the season, and after you burn 3
- Programs available at no charge:
- Fire safety inspection of your home or business.
- Fire extinguisher training.
- Speakers bureau.